Audient Sumo Analog Summing

X-Ray

X-Ray

Reaktionen
Retain your software’s automation and plug-ins, while adding the sound of the best large format console technology. Summing in the analogue domain ensures no reduction in resolution - making your mixes fuller, clearer and more coherent.

Comprising a [g=185]balanced[/g] stereo mix [g=183]bus[/g] – as found in only the best studio consoles – the stereo master compressor from the acclaimed ASP8024 recording console, a peak limiter, [g=226]monitor[/g] controller and 192kHz digital output option, Sumo allows computer based studios to mix in the analogue domain to get the best of both worlds.

Key Features:

· 8 fully [g=185]balanced[/g] stereo inputs with >24dB [g=284]headroom[/g]
· Mono function for channels 1/2 and 3/4.
· Variable [g=105]gain[/g] differential mix [g=182]amp[/g] with > 27dB [g=284]headroom[/g].
· Fully [g=185]balanced[/g] analogue stereo outputs plus optional AES/[g=126]SPDIF[/g] digital outputs at 44.1 to 192kHz.
· Classic stereo [g=183]bus[/g] [g=322]compressor[/g] and [g=357]peak[/g] limiter.
· [g=226]Monitor[/g] controller with volume and mono controls plus external input.
· Fully [g=185]balanced[/g] insertion points on stereo output, switchable pre or post the dynamics section.
· High resolution metering: -36 to +24dBu (-60 to 0dBFS).
· Expander input for up to 3 additional units.

http://www.audient.co.uk/Uploads/Images/Sumo Brochure.pdf

http://www.audient.co.uk

Hier ein paar Statements aus einem anderen Board:

I use it every day, and it sounds really good. Better than ITB, better than the mix-[g=183]bus[/g] on a cheap analog console (like my Mackie and my Soundcraft), and with regard to the mix-[g=322]compressor[/g], if it sounded bad to you, then I`d suggest it was not on a good setting. Just like any [g=322]compressor[/g], and specifically like the SSL 384, it has it's sweet spot. Have you ever heard a 384 that wasn't set right? God awful.

It's all program dependent of course, and for maybe prettier or slower-tempo stuff, you might want a Vairi-Mu or 1968 or 33609. But in the same way you'd want the ssl, for a more agressive [g=208]VCA[/g] bite or "smack" the Audient is great. It has a slightly softer knee than the SSL so it could arguably be considered a bit more musical.

When we A/B'd it with an SSL it was so hard to hear the difference that a couple of us did NOT hear a diff. I did, but it was freakin' subtle. And considering an SSL comp is over $3K new, the [g=322]compressor[/g] part of the SUMO is worth the price of admission alone, never mind the 16 X 4 summing, the 2-track return, the [g=84]insert[/g] send/return, the [g=188]control room[/g] outs....

Allerdings war das mit der Einzigste in dem entsprechenden Thread, der den [g=322]Compressor[/g] nicht hasste. Der Sumo ist sicher gut für das Geld und für das was er bietet sicher auch eine Preis/Leistungs-Schlampe; aber imho lohnt sich analoges Summieren wirklich nur dann, wenn man vorzügliche [g=60]Wandler[/g] hat und auch weiteres sehr hochwertiges Outboard einbindet. Hast Du mal Vergleiche gehört zw. itb und analoger Summierung? Das sind weissgott keine riesigen Unterschiede und es rettet definitiv nicht einen verkorksten Mix. Ich behaupte sogar, dass, je nach Abhörsituation, man bei der reinen Summierung - ohne weitere Bearbeitung - KEINEN Unterschied hört. Unerfahrene Ohren hören nicht mal bei einer guten Abhörsituation einen Unterschied. Und das ganz prinzipiell - es geht nicht nur um den Sumo. Habe vor wenigen Wochen einige Vergleiche gehört, und es hat mein ganzes Weltbild zerstört :) *Freakin' subtle*... das trifft es... Wenn man das ganze aber denn noch durch einen guten Compi und EQ schickt, wird's interessant. Aber wer, der sich gerade einen Sumo vom Munde abgespart hat, kann sich gleich noch einen Massive Passive dazu leisten :eek:

Greez...............N!

Oft gelesene Themen

Zurück
Oben