Kennt jemand das Zildjian ZMC 10 System & was taugt es ???

-Ry-

-Ry-

Reaktionen
Hallo,

ich habe nun schon mehrfach von einem "scheinbar genialen" Becken - Abnahmesystem der Firma Zildjian, Modell ZMC-10 gehört ... nur konnte mir bisher keiner genau sagen, wie das System arbeitet, wie gut es arbeitet und in welcher Ecke es qualitativ einzuordnen ist.

Kennt jemand das System ??? Taugt es im Gegensatz zu einer Stereo Overhead + HiHat & Ride Abnahme ???

Metallischen Dank im Voraus ....

Das habe ich gefunden:

"The ZMC10 was put out somewhere around the mid/late 80s and was a [g=57]cymbal[/g] miking system. The mics were housed in little black boxes that mounted underneath the [g=57]cymbal[/g] on the [g=57]cymbal[/g] stand. The only confirmed pro drummer I know who used them was Neil Peart from RUSH who used them for a short while. They never took off with the drumming community."

"I actually have one of these...
The way it works is each little box is a small condenser microphone (made by Barcus Berry), and runs a cable down to the [g=211]rack[/g] mount power/mixer unit (the actual ZMC-10 unit). There are 5 inputs, and one for the high hat (total of 6). The high hat input and the Master out controls also have an EQ knob. The outputs are either a pair of mono outs (presumed "stero pair", but I\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\'ve noticed no difference in the signals..), and an [g=15]XLR[/g] output.

The only real problem I've had with mine is that the mic's seem to be a little too close to the bell of the [g=57]cymbal[/g] to get a "true" sound from the [g=57]cymbal[/g]. I also had to put the high hat mic on a tom arm attatched to the hh stand and play around with positioning to get any kind of a decent sound out of it compared to the regular position (on the hat stand, under the hats...).

It seemed to work great for my ride and china cymbals, but did not get a "true" sound for my crashes (and I mentioned my hats already). I think I still need to experiment more with the position of the mics.

I think the idea is great, and I'd seriously consider using it for gigging if I had the time to "tweak" it in to get good sounds out of it. I personally wouldn't want to use it for recording anything of a "professional" quality, but for home projects/e-drum work I'd use it.

I bought mine used about 5 years ago, and it didn't come with a manual...so I'm still tinkering with it...I take it out every 6-9 months for a week or so and play around with it...then I pull out my overheads...."

Scheint wohl nicht ausgereift zu sein.

Gruß
BLUE-S-MAN

85_1_b.JPG
[/URL]

Hier noch ein Bild

Gruß

BLUE-S-MAN

Hi BLUE-S-MAN,

danke für Deine Postings ... das Teil scheint wirklich nicht so recht ausgereift zu sein.
Da bleibe ich doch lieber bei meinen Overheads ... :D

Sollte jedoch jemand persönlich Erfahrungen mit dem Teil gemacht haben (Handhabung, Sound etc.) würden mich diese dennoch interessieren.

Metallische Grüße

Ry