Guitar pedals popping?

• Ersteller duyentb
  • Erstellt am
D

duyentb

Reaktionen
Hi guys. Two of my pedals (Polytune 2 mini & Mad Professor LGW overdrive) are popping whenever I step on them (on and off) They do it even if I step on them a hundred times and it's getting really annoying.I took my board to a music store today and they said it's most likely my power supply if the pedals don't pop individually which the polytune doesn't (I haven't tried the LGW yet, I don't have another PSU) I was initially going to return it but after the guy at the store plugged it in (he used a single wall wart to power it) he had no pop even though the amp was on at decent volume. Pissed me off.I use a Diago PS01 powerstation which is a fancy version of a onespot. I would like to invest in a power supply but don't have a lot of ms some cheap s anything else I can do to test what might be the problem and what power supplies people recommend? I am looking at powering a max of 8 pedals. From right to left my board goes LGW, Polytune, MXR Analog Chorus, Ditto Looper and Joyo American Sound.

Hey there,

i'm also using a polytune 2 and never ever had a single pop when turning it on or off (dunno about the mad professor though). The thing about the Diago Unit is, that it's pretty much just a daisy chain so you end up having all your pedals on the exact same power output. Especially when mixing digital and analogue pedals this can lead to a number of problems like humming, poping and unwanted noises.

What you need is a power supply with multiple isolatet outputs. I'm using the T-Rex Fuel Tank Classic and never had any issues with it. Unfortunately good power units aren't cheap, but since everything in your setup relies on them it's a good spot to invest some serious cash.

A Simple way to check, if the power supply is the cause to your problems is, just get a couple of batteries and set up your pedalboards without any power unit. If the problem's gone using batteries only, the power unit is the bad boy here.

Edit:
Put the Polytune in the first spot. There's no reason to have the OD in front of it. And you might also wanna try to experiment with the position of the Joyo. As a general rule try this:
1: Tuners
2: Overdrives, Amp-Modelling, Preamps
3: Modulation FX (Chorus, etc.)
4: Delay / Reverb

Crybaby is the only exception, most people feel like it's best to have it right behind the Tuner.

Oft gelesene Themen

Zurück
Oben