Waves - MKL Optimisierung

Knutorius

Knutorius

Reaktionen
Hab gerade beim Durchstöbern des KVR Forums zu Waves V15 den Beitrag eines Waves Mitarbeiters entdeckt, der Stellung zur fehlenden Optimierung für AMD Prozessoren nimmt. Im Text wird da ein relativ verstecktes Tool erwähnt, dass man anscheinend schon auf dem Rechner hat. Der Pfad lautet C:\Program Files (x86)\Waves\Data\Utilities

Waves haben hierzu auch einen Support Artikel
https://www.waves.com/support/how-to-improve-non-intel-cpu-performance-on-windows

Antwort des Mitarbeiters, ursprünglich von vi-control.net/

So Waves and AMD is a bit complex but there are two main reasons for the lack of support with AMD processing.
1. Intel Accelerated Processes - Our plugins use several intel specific instruction sets that simply don't have the same benefit as AMD. Take SSL EV2 for example and compare it AMD vs Intel, you will find that Intel is smoother and less resource consuming.
Another example of this are the neural networks in the Clarity series of plugins. The simply perform better on Intel due to the type of network we use.
It's important to mention that 90% of Waves plugins on AMD work just fine and just as well as on Intel CPUs.

2. Lack of machines and AMD testers. It's as simple as that. Our team is not that big and covering all options is pretty much impossible.

So about problem 1 I mentioned: We already have a great fix that works very well.
It's a tool called MKL_Optimization.exe and AMD users can locate it in:
C:\Program Files (x86)\Waves\Data\Utilities when installing V14 or V15 plugins.
Running that tool will improve your overall performance with Waves plugins on AMD machines by a great deal.

Problem 2: This is where the opportunity I mentioned comes in. In order to broaden our support for AMD we need testers. By adding more AMD testers from more CPU generations we can cover more ground and add more support. So, if you're interested in becoming a Waves Beta Testers throw me a DM. I will ask a few questions about your system and work style and if I think you're a good fit I'll add you to our pool.

I bet some of you are thinking, "is this guy legit?"
Well, yes. You can find me on Linkedin
https://www.linkedin.com/in/ron-or-el-0a779110/

Zuletzt bearbeitet:
Hab gerade beim Durchstöbern des KVR Forums zu Waves V15 den Beitrag eines Waves Mitarbeiters entdeckt, der Stellung zur fehlenden Optimierung für AMD Prozessoren nimmt. Im Text wird da ein relativ verstecktes Tool erwähnt, dass man anscheinend schon auf dem Rechner hat. Der Pfad lautet C:\Program Files (x86)\Waves\Data\Utilities
Danke, ich dachte ich hätte schon Halluzinationen. Manche Waves Plugins laufen auf meinem alten Intel-Rechner wirklich smoother als auf meinem neuen AMD-Rechner.

Optimierung....

Komme gerade vom Klugscheißer-treffen.