ThrillseekerXTC is a contemporary exciter build around a parallel analog equalizer design. It takes our hearing sensitivity into account especially regarding the perception of audio transients, masking effects and loudness. ThrillseekerXTC offers frequency boosting on three individual parallel bands with pre-selected frequency ranges for the low, mid and high frequency spectrum. The mid band also performs compression by an opto-electrical circuit. A dedicated output stage adds further idiosyncrasies typically found in transformer coupled tube stages.
ThrillseekerXTC is all about adding weight, vibe and attitude back to the sound. It delivers all the character of an analog signal path and provides what digital processing usually is hard pushed to, including a rich low-end experience and that vibrant expensive top-end. The mkIII version primarily introduces VST3 support as well as a number of changes and improvements in the following areas:
- Decoupling EQ from DRIVE/MOJO controls – the latter now controls a dedicated downstream output amplifier stage
- Improved overall THD performance featuring effectively distortion-free compression for the mid-range as well as a silky top-end
- Updated components, two new audio transformer circuits introduced, new inductor based (LC) filter network
– VST3 support added
– New downstream output amplifier stage
– Improved overall THD performance
– Updated components
– Bug fixes
Als VST3 Plugin nur bedingt zu empfehlen, Wavelab verabschiedet sich komplett bei mir... Das 64'er VST funktioniert super...