Hartes Panning?

F

Foria

Reaktionen
"...so I can recommend that you seriously consider doing all of your amplitude panning pretty much hard Left, hard Right and Center, usually reserving the center for lead vocal, kick drum and electric bass, and hardly anything else except maybe an instrumental lead.

If you have delay lines that you can devote to this aspect of mixing, you can get some really realistic panning into the zones between Left, Center and Right.

It is the delays that enable you to utilize those intermediate places between hard left, center and hard right. Isolate each element of the mix and give it is own space, so the listener can find it, hear it and more easily savor the power of your music."

Versteh ich das richtig: Kick/Bass/Leadvocal mittig (eh klar), den Rest hart nach links/rechts pannen und die Zwischenräume zwischen Center und L/R nochmals mit "Gimmicks" füllen?

Versteh ich das richtig: Kick/Bass/Leadvocal mittig (eh klar), den Rest hart nach links/rechts pannen und die Zwischenräume zwischen Center und L/R nochmals mit "Gimmicks" füllen?
exakt.

Und was ist der "Rest"? Die Melodie? In Form von Piano oder Synth?

Und zu "Gimmicks" zählt dann alles andere? Hihats, Percussions, Claps, ... ?

Worum gehts denn da überhaupt? Um ein bestimmtes Projekt oder was?
Irgendwie ist das aus dem Kontext gerissen das Zitat. Und es verwirrt mich wie du deine eigene Aussage in Frage stellst :D

Denn so wie ich das gerade lese, wird geraten nicht die Instrumente, sondern die Delays in den Raum zwischen hart außen und Center zu packen für die Ortung.

Das muss irgendein Stümper geschrieben haben, der in seinem Leben noch keine Kopfhörer auf hatte.

Irgendwie ist das aus dem Kontext gerissen das Zitat.

Stellen wir es wieder rein, zumindest ungefähr: Moulton Laboratories :: Principles of Multitrack Mixing: The Phantom Image

The view from 2005: This was an early article (1992) I wrote for Recording Magazine (Home and Studio Recording then). Thinking about the quirky natures of phantom images and applying what I’ve found has led to many things in my professional career, including the principles behind Sausalito Audio Works’ Acoustic Lens Technology, a great deal about room design, and an immense amount about human hearing. Just so you know, I expanded this article into a section in my book, Total Recording.

EDIT: Eine Quellenangabe hätte ich mir am Anfang schon gewünscht, nicht nur, weil es zum guten Ton gehört, es lässt sich vielleicht auch besser einordnen.