[CD+Buch] Witchcraft And Black Magic In The United States (Eighth Tower Rec.)

Hyp

Hyp

Reaktionen
Witchcraft and Black Magic in the US.jpg

Witchcraft And Black Magic In The United States
Eighth Tower Records – ETR047
Dark Ambient/ Drone/ Electroacoustic
CD, digital, book

01. Mark Hjorthoy - The Ballad Of Goody Ayres 05:33
02. insectarium - Instead of protecting myself from them 06:53
03. Rapoon - Footsteps in ash 05:59
04. Grey Frequency - Hex 05:50
05. Michael Grunditz - Shadows Of Delusion 05:59
06. Monotone Murk - With Iniquitous Eyes 05:55
07. Mario Lino Stancati - It comes with the Fall 04:52
08. Vyormouth - Curse of the Coven 05:47
09. Morgen Wurde & David Strother - Song of the Brujo 05:39
10. The Black Monolith - Litanies of the Black Serpent 05:20
11. Mombi Yuleman - Earth Magick 06:44

View: https://eighthtowerrecords.bandcamp.com/album/witchcraft-and-black-magic-in-the-united-states

Zum Jahresauftakt.. Nach dem Edgar Allan Poe-CD/Buch-Projekt auf Eighth Tower ein weiteres derartiges Release mit einem Tune von Geiger David Strother & mir. Diesmal geht es um die Geschichte von Hexenkunst und schwarzer Magie in Amerika. Dazu ein 390-seitiges Buch mit Geschichten amerikanischer Autoren.

Witchcraft in Latin America, known in Spanish as brujería is a complex blend of indigenous, African, and European influences.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Witchcraft_in_Latin_America

"Brujo" aus dem Titel unseres Stücks werden männliche Praktizierende von Brujeria genannt.

David: "This includes the state where I’m from, so I grew up with this. It’s not the first thing a lot of people think of when they think of American witchcraft, but the tradition is more broad than people think. It’s as American as anything else.
Musically, I’m thinking something that feels like blues, yet modern—traditional & futuristic at the same time. In keeping with American fiddle/folk tradition, maybe A or D as a key center also. My idea is to mic a Fender tube amp to get a roots-like, “American” sound. I’ll still be using all my effects & everything, but with an authenticity (blues, country etc.) at the heart of it."

Oft gelesene Themen

Zurück
Oben