-Help! Audio 'tuning' songs on my pc from vinylrecords...

N

NULL

Hi all...

Not sure I posted this the right place... My German is not very good... (-: -So if it is misplaced, please feel free to direct it to the right place... Thanks... P.S Hope you guys dont mind english around here...

Well I need some help from someone who knows a bit about editing audio files... Because I know practially nothing myself... You see I have downloaded this program, AVS AudioEditor 1.3, and it is pretty advanced... 'Least to me... (-: ... What I need it for, is to transfer some songs from my vinyl (LP) collection to my harddrive... It seems to work fine, but I get this 'buzz' in the background and I figure that, THAT must be something that is editable in the program... If not completly then 'least to make it a bit less hearable... I have recorded this soundclip from a record by a Danish band called Kashmir...

http://fc.langkaer.dk/~Mark_skiffard/RubyOverDiamonds.wma

Please take the time to download it... It is only a part of the song (3,06 MB) just so you can hear that 'buzz' noise that Im talking about...

I recorded the sound by using a double jackstik... One end in the amplifier and the other to the microphone in the computer... Is that the right/best way?

Looking foreward to replies! (-:

-Mark

skiffard schrieb:

I recorded the sound by using a double jackstik... One end in the amplifier and the other to the microphone in the computer... Is that the right/best way?

Looking foreward to replies! (-:

-Mark

Hi,

use the line in of your soundcard, because the mic in is the wrong way. ;-)

Bless you! (-:

My computer is a laptop so there is no other way to place it... /-:

but not to worry... My brother also has got a computer with a soundcard and propperly with a line in... I'll try it and let you know how it turns out...

Is there a quick way to determant which jackstik-hole is the line in?

Thanks again...

-Mark